View Single Post
Old November 13, 2011, 01:26 PM   #6
GI Sandv

6.5G, 14" Barrel

Well, I had not realized that a 14" barrel would be a problem, so I suppose that's no longer a consideration.

As to the 6.5G rounds, it sounds like a better option. Has anyone had any experience a) finding bolts and barrel for this round and b) buying this ammunition. I'm not familiar with this ammunition at all and so wonder how practical it is to invest in this type of project. I did find a custom manufacturer in Iowa and while their prices were not unreasonable, were more than I would like to spend. If this is the best option, I may just have to wait on the alternate barrel set up and stick with 5.56 for now.

Also, has anyone had any experience with 5.56/.223 deer rounds? I know larger calibers are usually recommended for deer. However, I have read that there are some good, premium .223 rounds out there. Can anyone verify this? I would probably only be using these for smaller doe--the tags are easy to come by here in Minnesota--and not on larger bucks.

Thanks again.

Kahr PM9, Springfiled XD9, Browning BPS 12Ga., Browning SA-22.

Page generated in 0.04195 seconds with 8 queries