View Single Post
Old September 30, 2002, 10:49 PM   #17
eggroll

Observations on LCE in general

the first thing that bears on this discussion is that LBE/LCE/LBV are a matter of personal preferences.

When I went out for OPS tactical rifle course last may, I bought an SOE lightfighter vest, worked great until my AR broke! and then I used my backup SAR-1 - guess what the awesome SOE rig did NOT work as well for AK mags.

not only that, but in a tactical sense, you will encounter any degree of difficulty in accessing magazines from your strong side - that is mag pockets on your firing side.

The USGI ETLBV while better constructed than the first version - does not lend itself ideally for "tactical" employment. In fact if you want an LBV, look into getting one of the CMVS vests which are the same as the ETLBV except there are no permanently attached pockets but panels of MOLLE webbing.

The PRONE argument is again a matter of personal suitability.

as far as folks laughing at you at the range, (chances are these guys may be 'amateurs'<--)
well I align myself to the camp that believes in training the SAME as your perform/or intend to perform. Obviously if you are not, then personally I dont think theres a need to wear any sort of lbe. last thing you need to do is draw any undue attention to yourself or your particular activity.

In short - personal preferences rule, you get what works for your guns system(s), train like you fight, cheap does not always mean bad, and expensive does not always mean good.

Anyhow, that only my opinion.

EGG

edited for clarity -

Last edited by eggroll; October 2, 2002 at 01:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries