View Single Post
Old April 10, 2005, 02:09 PM   #4
rugerdude

I have a fiber opic front bead and my non-dominant eye does the winking. I'm used to shooting rifles so I try to re-create shooting a rifle, but still be able to see the bird until I have a proper lead. This is when I wink and see that my front bead is however far in front of the target it needs to be and BANG dead claybird.

I have improved quite a bit by doing this over things other people have told me to do, like focusing on the bird the whole way. I focus on the bird and get a relative lead, then I wink and focus on my bead, this allows me to correct lead better while still seeing the clay. I get too excited on doubles and shoot too quicly though, so that is what I need to work on. However my method has helped me a lot. I guess sometimes you just have to figure out your own way of doing things.

I have no doubt that the gun doesn't fit (it's a mossberg 500 knockoff) and I have a bruise on my cheek now but I just don't have the money for a new gun. BTW what is "crawling"?

thanks,
rugerdude

Not my quote but I agree completely.

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries