View Single Post
Old December 8, 2006, 02:39 PM   #15
Fremmer

Let us know what you learn, Trapp, and good luck!

Thanks for the comments and Picture, Buggs! Nice buck. Good shot!

Quote:
so i wonder why people shoot doe, no trophy, no challenge, very little meat, what is the point in it for the adult hunter? i dont want to insult those here that do bag a doe just my insight on it & everyone is entitled to their thoughts.
I'm a doe hunter. And here is why:

1. The biggest reason: I hunt on other people's property. If I tell them that I will only shoot a doe and not a buck, they let me hunt there. The landowners don't want us "city folk" coming onto their land, and shooting spikes or big bucks; fair enough (us beggers can't be choosers). They want the spikes to develop into big bucks, and they like to have the big bucks reserved for shooting by thier family. I've got no problem with that at all!

2. Shooting female deer helps to control the exploding deer population.

3. I hunt for meat, not for antlers. Doe meat tastes as good (if not better) than buck meat.

4. Shooting a doe is just as hard, if not harder, than shooting a buck. A doe is wary, and tends to hang out with other female deer, so you have multiple eyes, ears, and noses to contend with.

Anyway, just my humble opinion, and the reasons that I'm a dedicated doe hunter. I still envy your buck!

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries