View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1
dakota.potts

Weird dream I had last night

As I've said here before, I find it disappointing that there are no provisions for an 18 year old to carry a gun to protect themselves. An 18 year old is legally an adult, ready for the real world, and can own a gun, but cannot carry it in their day to day business.

Last night, I had a dream I was hanging out with some friends (or maybe just one). I had my CZ 75 in the car. I knew I had to leave it there per the laws in my state. I walked up the driveway (it was a country house with a long driveway and I parked my car at the gate at the end). All was fine for a while until an unsavory character started hanging around and trying to cause trouble.

I went out to the car to grab the gun (being a dream, there were about 12 pistols laying around for some reason). I had it loaded with a round in the chamber and was ready to put it in my pocket when somebody pulled up to the house. I remembered then that if I were caught with a concealed firearm illegally, it would be a felony. I knew I couldn't afford one of those so I put the gun back in the car. I was on my guard for a while, and sure enough, as I was walking around the side of the house, the unsavory character opened fire at me. He was near my car so I knew I couldn't get to the gun. I ran inside to find another person with a revolver. She raised it at me and fired. I ran at her knowing I had to get in closer. I took 2 shots in the hand and 3 in the leg (lucky, right? ) and wrestled the revolver away.

There was more to the dream, but not so relevant here.

Anyways, I wonder what this dream says about me. I remember sitting in the hospital in the dream thinking "I'm going to use this to change the laws", followed by "I need to post this on The Firing Line".

Just thought I would share an interesting experience

Page generated in 0.03797 seconds with 8 queries