View Single Post
Old June 5, 2009, 09:00 AM   #4
skydiver3346

Buying guns on line:

Hi Skeeter,
I am so very sorry to hear about your situation and experience on Gunbroker. When we purchase anything online (from any website) we are taking a chance, period. I personally have experienced that two situation two different times before (a nice watch and a Ruger No. 1). One on Gunbroker and one on Ebay. I found myself not telling any of my friends about it because I was embarrased that I could be taken like that. Of course I reported it to the sites and even the police depts in those towns. Finally received my Ruger No. 1 rifle (two months later), but never got anything on the watch, (was told the guy left town after screwing a lot of people).

Now with that said, I have purchased many, many firearms off the internet before and after those experiences. I refuse to belive that you can't do business with decent folks on the internet. I have purchased over 30 guns via the internet (Gunbroker and Guns/America) over all these years and only had one problem (Ruger No. 1) in all that time. So I think that the vast majority of purchases are completed in positive manner for both parties.

Note: I now only do business with sellers who have 100% feedback on Ebay and Gunbroker.com. But that is just my personal requirement. I have 100% feedback on these sites and expect the same from sellers. No problems since that I adopted that approach to buying items online. Even if you are getting a good deal (price), I still only buy from people with perfect feedback since I had my problems. Sure, I missed out on some great buys because someone didn't have 100% feedback but I have made my choice and sticking to it.

Page generated in 0.03958 seconds with 8 queries