View Single Post
Old July 28, 2012, 05:32 AM   #20
darkgael

9?

Quote:
The M4 comes with an internal choke that you can adjust for skeet shooting, I'm looking forward to giving that a whirl. With a nine round capacity, I think even I'll do well at it.
I don't quite follow that comment. What does having a nine shot magazine have to do with doing well at a sport that only allows you to shoot two shots at a time maximum?
Gun clubs and snootiness. The normal requirements of 16 yard Trap are that one loads a single shell at a time. The rationale is that the gun does not need any more ammo in it than can be shot at a single target. It has nothing to do with being "snooty". With a fully loaded nine shot semi-auto, you have a gun in battery after every shot, when the action is required to be open, including the times when you and the squad are changing positions. Not the safest situation nor necessary.
Pete

PS - neat video. You did establish a faster cyclic rate than Flanigan. The record may well be yours when you can shoot 12 that fast.

Last edited by darkgael; July 28, 2012 at 05:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.02081 seconds with 8 queries