Thread: Dog attack
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2005, 11:40 AM   #6
Trip20

Caleb

I don't feel they're all the same... but these dog threads degenerate into breed bashing that is not necessary.

I know certain breeds have natural aggressive tendancies, where others have much less of the same. Your correct, to ignore this, one would be kidding oneself.

But, so much of the above really relies on the owner, as your proof positive of this. Your German Shepard (I'm assuming) wasn't a rampant killer... you raised it properly.

I wasn't flaming you, just trying to steer this away from an unproductive debate.

We stand up against the use of the term "assault weapon" stating they're not more deadly than any other firearm.

While guns are inanimate objects - and their use is SOLEY dependant upon their owner, I feel dogs should be treated the same way.

Even though a dogs own natural tendancies are a factor (where a gun does not have this factor), when owned and used properly, "aggressive breeds" (assault weapons) should be no more deadly than what is considered a "safe breed" (non-assault weapon) .

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries