View Single Post
Old February 14, 2002, 11:50 PM   #1
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Request info on MP5 conversion

I may soon have a chance to purchase an MP5 "sear gun" from a private individual and need some background information.

Haven't talked with the owner yet--A mutual acquaintance is trying to get us together. Story I get is that this was, I guess, an HK-94, properly papered and converted to MP5 configuration. The owner messed with it some but has lost interest in recent years and had rather sell it to an appreciative buyer than go through a dealer.

Working presumptions: Gun is well used but not abused. Much original finish but not pristine. Stiff stock, no accessories. I get to do a full inspection of papers and gun, including field stripping. Probably take him out and shoot the gun.

Can you tell me what to look for when I take it apart? Significant wear points? Places where someone might have butchered something? I'm not out to bad mouth his gun, but this is signiuficant money for me, and I wouldn't want to toss it away.

I've heard some scary prices for MP5s, and will not consider HUGE money. What is fair market value for a converted shooter in decent condition? Okay, what would be a bargain price?

No accessories are mentioned thus far. Just in case, though - - What is a good price to allow for "standard capacity" magazines? (Which is what? 32 rounds?)

Sure appreciate any input the membership can provide.

Best,
Johnny

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries