View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 01:40 AM   #9
stephen426

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I really appreciate it. My main reasoning for insisting on an indoor range is convenience. With outdoor ranges, you have to wait for the line to be "cold" before setting up, removing, and checking targets. The other thing is location. The only place to put an outdoor range is way out west or pretty far south (and west). For me, convenience is very important as it will determine whether or not I get to go shooting. The other thing is the hours of operation and the weather. We can open late since we are not dependent on day light. More importantly, you don't have to worry about rain, heat, or humidity.

I have some ideas for the back stop. I thought it was a unique idea until a friend told me that someone had already developed it. I took the idea from tank armor. The idea is to take a thick metal plate and angle it at 45 degree if less. The rounds would then deflect down into a pool of water. This makes for easy lead removal and easy recycling. I also believe that the water pool can be used to remove airborne lead and dust. As long as there is positive pressure from the front to back of the range, the airborne contaminants would get push towards the back. It is my understanding that air of their must be fresh air. The water could be used to create a cooling tower effect and cool the air rather than relying 100 on mechanical cooling.

We are most probably looking to rent a building and convert it rather than building from scratch. While starting from the ground up gives the most flexibility, it is much more expensive. The issue is the paperwork takes forever and you have to have a lease already. So basically you have to lease a place without even knowing if you will even get approved.

I will keep you guys up to date. Thanks again for the feedback and encouraging words!

Page generated in 0.03252 seconds with 8 queries