View Single Post
Old September 17, 2009, 12:37 AM   #18
cimarronvalley

Scope for DPMS 308

I've got a DPMS AR-15 varmit in .223 with Burris Fullfield II 4.5x14x42, a DPMS Tactical with detachable ATN 4X with 32mm obj. I've got 2 RRA NM AR-15s with one having an 8x by 40mm obj Nikon Buckmaster, and the other with an Old Redfield Partner 3-12 x40 scope. I just bought a new DPMS LR .308 on which I'll mount a Nikon Bushmaster 4.5-14 x 40 with side focus. All lenses and components are made in the US or Japan and assembled in the Phillipines.

For the money and accuracy they cannot be beat. I prefer the glass over both Leupold and Swarosky (Zeis does have better glass but I'm not paying $2,500 for a scope with equivalents accuracy).

The true accuracy of a scope is consistancy. Remember that the old sniper military scopes were typically fixed 10X Urtels. The scopes I mentioned above maintain accuracy. Sight them in at 30 meters and get your grouping at low power and then start increasing power and the groupings should be the same. Run them out to 110M and repeat, and then 280M (the extent of my home range currently) and the groups should repeat. The scopes mentioned above will do this and for under $300.00 (except for the Redfield which hasn't been made since 97).

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries