View Single Post
Old July 5, 2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Unlicensed Dremel

That's very helpful; thank you. I'll look into that Kimber option for sure.

What I mean is, if I sell a BrownRemChester plastic stock that *should* fetch $75-$100, I might get $30-$40. So, it will pain me to no end to take a Cooper stock which *should* fetch $250-$400, and have to settle for $100-$150, because I'm not re-newing a GB auction 50 times to do that. You know what I mean - you'll never get what you *should* because no one's gonna want that exact stock at the moment I go to sell it, and having to sell one just creates one more (irritating) to-do on the list which I don't need.

So what's the cheapest Kimber 84M (the closest I can get to a throwaway stock) - the Adirondack or the Mountain Ascent? Also, slight problem: Kimber doesn't have .260 chambering. You face the same thing selling the barrel - not getting what you should unless you leave it up for sale for months. So that's not gonna work.
http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84m
I can't believe Kimber has .257 Roberts but not .260 Rem.

I think Cooper (or full custom) is the way to go. I'm sure they'll sell just the rifled action. And there's a certain brag/pride factor to me in having a Cooper. How heavy/light are their actions, in the grand scheme of things?

Last edited by Unlicensed Dremel; July 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.03624 seconds with 8 queries