View Single Post
Old September 8, 2013, 09:38 PM   #7
btmj

I love shoulder holster carry in the cooler seasons.... around here that is basically late October through early April.

I have a Galco Miami Classic... this has to be one of the better rigs. Don't go cheap. I carry a Glock 19 in this rig.

I carry under loose fitting sweaters (wool, cotton, or synthetic).... Also under loose fitting sweatshirts, zip up fleece. Also works great with a sport coat, and as I have gotten older I find myself wearing a casual sport coat with jeans to go out and about.

I also prefer this rig when hiking / hunting in which case I open carry.... I hate a bunch of weight on my belt when I am hiking/climbing/ crawling... I find shoulder holster carry much better in this case.

Practice is required to draw smoothly, especially with a sweater or sweatshirt.

One thing that is not discussed often is the size of gun that can be concealed. The deeper your chest is (front to back), the larger the gun that can be concealed... A man with a barrel chest, or a woman with a large bust line can conceal a full size 1911 or N frame with ease... But some very thin individuals will have trouble with anything that large... I can do a Glock 19, but not a Glock 17 or full size 1911.

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries