View Single Post
Old December 21, 2001, 03:57 PM   #30
Mike Irwin
Staff

"I doubt any of you are actually qualified to make a blanket statement proclaiming that any kind of powder blending has absolutely devastating consequences."

Read again, young lad, no one's saying that.

What is being said is that the open sharing of such information in an uncontrolled way is NOT a responsible activity.

And, quite frankly, I could give you several powder combinations, using powders that are available now, that WOULD have the devastating consequences of which you speak.

Some combinations, in virtually ANY form, cause wildly unpredictable results and dangerous pressure transgressions.

"Therefore, maybe you should listen (think twice, post once) to a fellow member of the reloading community who has knowledge and experience that he is willing to share."

Perhaps you should do the same? You don't know squat about the qualifications or experiences of the people here.

Sharing experiences and information is one of the great benefits of TFL. But sharing information that could prove to be detrimental to other members is irresponsible.

"If one understands the inherent risk associated with deviant behavior, the implications of such behavior are well deserved. Not once has KP95OKC recommended that any of you attempt to blend your own powder or touch off a round comprised of such an evil component."

There's the rub... If one understands...
Your father's making an assumption that everyone here does understand the inherent risks that can be involved. Given that TFL includes the broad spectrum of experience in its members (if you look, you'll find quite a few "New to reloading" posts in the last few months), it's an irresponsible assumption to make.

Time for you to go back and re-read my latest message. My problem is with the posting of load specific information.

Posting information of this kind in an open forum is not only irresponsible, it could also be dangerous to someone who might try it, and use different components.

Simply swapping components or the firearm can take such a load from safe to unsafe with no transition inbetween.

As I alluded, but didn't directly say (which I should have), duplexing, by its very nature is a component specific, gun specific, activity.

As I noted, the serious duplexers I know will not share this type of information with just anyone, for they know the inherent risks involved.

They also, when changing components, begin the development process all over again, because they cannot predict what a change in components will do to the loads that they have developed.

I'm glad you're in your father's corner. That's exactly where you should be.

But recognize that not everyone has your father's experience, has access to the components that he uses (he didn't even list the components that he uses), nor do they have the experience that your father apparently has.

As I've continually stressed, without those things factored in, the sharing of such information is irresponsible, and I renew my call for the moderator to remove load specific information from the posts.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.02622 seconds with 8 queries