View Single Post
Old January 31, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1
GunDawg

Georgia CHP Military exemtion

Was on another thread and this came up.

I am not a resident in Ga anymore, so i would not be eligable for a resident CHP.

Quote:
If you are active duty military you do not need a CHL to carry in GA anyway:

Quote:
Title 16, Chapter 11, Section 130 (16-11-130)

(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(1) Peace officers, as such term is defined in paragraph (11) of Code Section 16-1-3, and retired peace officers so long as they remain certified whether employed by the state or a political subdivision of the state or another state or a political subdivision of another state but only if such other state provides a similar privilege for the peace officers of this state;

(2) Wardens, superintendents, and keepers of correctional institutions, jails, or other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of an offense;

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;
Ive done some reading and this appears to be correct. Orignally thought that it pertains to military members on oficial bussiness. It seems GA trust those that serve, i just wish more states would follow suit. Take note Massachetus.

Quote:
1. (47-1-11) Title 47, Chapter 1, Section 11
(2) "Military service" means service in the armed forces of the United States or in a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the National Guard.
Do any TFL members exercise this right in GA?
If so, do you carry any paperwork refrenceing this law?
Any experiences with LEOs?

Would love to hear opinions from GA LEOs.

Page generated in 0.03739 seconds with 8 queries