View Single Post
Old September 7, 1999, 08:53 PM   #1
Long Path

Well, this one stemmed from my long range hunting question.

I've been looking into this question for awhile-- I know of the Bushnell 800, which looks good. Rocky Road mentioned sumpin' about a Tasco Monocular range finder. Does someone know anything about another range finder that works as well or better for under $200?
My Simmons 'scope has a "rangefinder" based on two parallel lines that you bracket your game (elk, deer, or antelope) with, and then rotate the magnification ring until it fits from the brisket to the withers of your animal. Then you look on the adjustment ring to see what range you're supposedly at. It also came with cams for the adjustment knobs to then adjust your zero, but taking a shot on game at distance long enough to need the adjustable zero, without checking first, with a scope of questionable repeatability, is madness to me; I'd rather just know the distance, know my zero, and hold over. I do not consider this a very accurate "range finder" at distances far enough to need one. I'd rather use a good mil-dot scope.

Still and all... would need to tell range. Help? Thoughts? (More regarding dedicated Range Finders than Ranging Scopes...)

"Only accurate rifles are interesting..."

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 8 queries