Thread: Zero Bullets
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Lost Sheep

9mm what?

Welcome to the forum, DavidM55.

It is best not to make assumptions. What cartridge will you be shooting these from? 9mm Parabellum (a.k.a. 9x19 and 9mm Luger), or 9mm Makarov (9x18), 9mm Kurtz (380 Auto, 9x17, 38 Automatic). These bullets also might be fired from such disparate chamberings as .357 Sig and 38 Super.

What loading manuals have you looked in already? (The one I keep next to the computer does not list those powders, either. Modern Reloading by Richard Lee.

Have you gone to the powder manufacturers' web sites or emailed them for suggested loads?

Be careful about what loads you take from the internet, particularly from people you don't know. It is very easy to misunderstand a request, make a wrong assumption, mis-read a number or make a typographical error. I heard of one powder manufacturer's web site that had incorrect information posted. The mistake was quickly corrected, but ALWAYS check your data for reasonableness. When I was into sailing, the U.S. Government published their celestial navigation reference books. They have example calculations in the front. In the first printing, those calculations were wrong. They were quickly recalled, and the data tables were correct anyway, but people do make mistakes. (I read this in a popular boating magazine, where one of the editors had been given a copy so he could write a review.)

Good luck. Always wear safety glasses when working with primers and don't pinch your fingers in your press.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02088 seconds with 8 queries