View Single Post
Old October 21, 2008, 09:22 AM   #53
stephen426

I think those who say it will/can never happen need to be careful. We have to ensure that it will not/can not happen by voting and supporting organizations such as the NRA. How many of you have 10 round capped mags fors guns that can hold more rounds? That was the Brady Bill and that was a strong first step. Whoever mentioned the ammo tagging also made a very valid point about driving up the cost to ammo so that it is prohibitively expensive to shoot. Taxation is another tactic they are sure to use. You want to buy a box of $10 ammo? No problem. Your bill comes out to $40. Don't believe me? Ask smokers how much the cost of cigarettes have increased.

A few other things I see happening is people who keep their guns and use them defend themselves will not be calling the police to take a report and cover up the situation.

I would certainly hide a few of my guns and let the police find the others. To deny that you have any woould lead to an intensive search. I guess it is time to buy some cheapo guns!

You guys forgot to mention that all shooting ranges would close. Not sure who would be dumb enough to go to one anyways since I'm sure they would be watched by the police.

I would probably stock pile ammo and have to resort to practicing with airsoft or pellet guns (assuming those are still legal) and save the real stuff for when the poop hits the fan. You have to remember that no one is going to be selling ammo if guns are illegal (legally anyways). Scary looking paper weights are useless in a gun fight!

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries