View Single Post
Old December 10, 2000, 11:09 PM   #8
Jay Baker

J. Parker, you won't regret buying that .41. And, in a cross draw holster it is fairly comfortable on an ATV (or horse), but for me, it's more comfortable in a shoulder holster. Also, in camp, in the shoulder holster, it's out of the way when you're working, but always handy. Of course, "comfort" is relative to one's body build, etc etc. What works well for one person, won't necessarily work well for another.

That area of N.E. Oregon is certainly beautiful, and although I haven't hunted in that area, I hope to some day. I spend most of my hunting time in Idaho, anymore.

Bad Medicine, I agree with Mr. Rogan, re that 12 guage shotgun and rifled slugs, and I always have one in camp. But, I've never been able to figure out how to chop and saw firewood, carry it, carry buckets of water from the creek, put up tents and stoves, cook, do dishes, clean, carry and hang game, etc etc., while carrying a shotgun or my .338 W.M., in my hand. If I could, I would, but it ain't possible for me. Therefore, the heavy handgun, which is always with me while working, is my insurance policy.

By the way, I killed a 400 pound black bear with my .41 mag., so I know it'll do the job, if I do my part.

FWIW. J.B.

Page generated in 0.04864 seconds with 8 queries