View Single Post
Old October 15, 2002, 01:45 PM   #5
glockgirl

Living in the Pacific NW, where "winter" really translates to "the rainy season from mid-October to late May", I shoot exclusively at an indoor range. I try to make it to the range once a week, sometimes more, and spend approximately 3 hours at a time.

While I was pregnant, I had my blood lead level tested multiple times. Each time, the level was below "normal" or ambient lead levels. The key thing is to wash your hands frequently and well, especially after picking up brass or cleaning your weapon. While pregnant, I would wash my hands every time I thought of it. This is a pain, and probably unnecessary for the non-preggers shooter, but it made me feel better. In addition, I took a shower upon arriving home, paying careful attention to my hands, face, forearms, and hair...places where lead residue settles. Finally, I made the choice to shoot at a fairly modern indoor range, built specifically for that purpose (not converted from a warehouse or something) and equipped with a superior ventilation system.

Page generated in 0.02598 seconds with 8 queries