View Single Post
Old January 24, 2012, 05:51 AM   #36
Double Naught Spy

All in all, it looks like Tennessee is threatening a sort of legislative terrorism. Where terrorism is comprised of negative violent acts targeted at the non-military population to effect social, political/legal, or religious change (you hurt the people of the general population when you can't get the changes desired from the various forms of social, political, religious leaders or institutions and so the general population will demand the change out of fear).

So Tennessee is threatening retribution against the general population of New York state who may visit or pass through Tennessee with undue legal scrutiny in order to force New York state to change its laws, despite the fact that they people being threatened with undue legal scrutiny are not the people directly responsible for the law.

Last I checked, one state government has no business trying to run any other state's government, but if there is a conflict between the two, it can be handled through federal processes.

Quote:
Punishing the wrong people is the quickest way to draw attention to the subject matter.
Besides... if they can vote, they can change it.
Yep, punishing the wrong people to effect legislative change...legislative terrorism.

Page generated in 0.03607 seconds with 8 queries