View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 11:15 AM   #3
celem

Reason for small safe

Re - "if your main concern is keeping guns out of the hands of house guests (especially children), then most should work just fine"...

I agree with what you say regarding children, especially within the home, however I want to thwart theft as well and, as I said, "Criminals make it their business to know about such defects" and I certainly want any gun locking system to more difficult to defeat than are these mass market systems. I drive a pickup truck and the locked steel military ammo can secured in the behind the seat area looks like the most secure solution. Likewise, such a can could be securely bolted to a closet floor. Any thief that can break into my vehicle is likely to also have a tool or screwdriver that can pop open one of these gunvaults. The locked steel military ammo would seem to more secure and would require significantly more time to get open. Thieves tend to want to act fast so as to avoid discovery. Any system can be defeated but adding to the time required for defeat improves the odds that such an attempt will be abandoned.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries