View Single Post
Old June 7, 2000, 07:03 PM   #4
anodes

Albin, I have lived in the area from time to time. The area to the North of Gallup is Navajo Reservation, you will need a tribal hunting permit and possibly a Navajo Guide to hunt there. I'm not sure if a guide would be requiered by the tribe for "varmints" or not. Note: some Navajo I know eat `um. The areas to the south are the more likly spot, as this is where the larger ranches are. The Chamber of Commerce suggestion sounded good and I would call the N.M. equivilent of Game and Fish for detailed rules and tips.

What I would do if I wanted to hunt the rez dogs is, go hang out in the Indian Bars in Gallup (there are MANY), and start buying the patrons drinks! This will get you "on the inside" as to where the P.D.s are on the rez. This will work. Oh, you'll want to make arrangements to be _shown_ where, as verbal directions can be confusing to some.

A question: Why hunt P.D.s when just over in Grants, N.M. you could hunt Mtn. Sheep on Mount Taylor?
anodes.

PS You want to talk about Gun Control? There are NO gun stores on the rez that I know of, and I've been all over it! No liquor stores either, different story though.

Page generated in 0.03354 seconds with 8 queries