View Single Post
Old December 9, 2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

It's been chewed over plenty, but here goes....

1. Nobody, especially me, advocates that a shotgun is the perfect choice for everyone,every time. For those of us who choose to and can use a shotgun, it becomes an incredibly effective defense tool.The key is training, including lots of practice.

2.Women students, once they have a good fit, usually do better with shotguns than men of similar size. They've less to unlearn, better eye hand co-ordination, take instruction better, and have a higher tolerance for pain.Trained a few hundred.

3.Gas style semi auto shotguns have less recoil. They also have less reliability, tho that gap is getting to be less. Pumps are super dependable, cost less, and certainly get the job done. I'm not an "At Random" shooter, and doubt many auto shooters could outshoot me on most COFs. Some have tried, a couple have done it. And short stroking is something I haven't done in decades.

4.I can get off a second shot and hit with it faster than folks with A-5s,etc. The difference is experience.Care to cite a few examples where firing a shotgun one handed won an AS scenario?

5.At typical HD ranges all 12 ga shotgun rounds hit the target as a plastic wrapped ,WC shaped lead plug of .73 caliber.Small shot reduces(not eliminates) the chances of overpenetration. Center mass hits do also.

6. While I stopped a prison escape attempt by racking an 870, it's not something one should depend on.

You might want to check the archives, there's lots of input on this....

Page generated in 0.02472 seconds with 8 queries