View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 01:05 AM   #53
trkkshotbry

pistol calibre carbines are cool.

I think PCCs are very practical and cool. I currently have a 1911 and a HiPoint 45 carbine w/ red dot sight. I shoot 230gr JHPs in the 1911 and 230gr +P+ FMJs in the HiPoint. I figure the pistol is for up close work and the carbine is good out to 100yds but zeroed at 50. If the threat is more than 100yds from me I'm going to do my best to increase that distance as rapidly as possible.
Yes I'm keeping track of two ammos but able to use either load in either gun and in a SHTF scenario that could make the critical difference.
I would love to get a SA revolver and a lever gun in 45C for when Im feeling nostalgic as the performance of my load choices would nearly duplicate what I'm running in more modern equipment. I wont be locked into sub 100yds engagements though in case your worried I keep a couple AKs and a PTR91 (.308) around just in case I need to convert cover into concealment or take a long range shot but in all reality I'm more likely to rely on distance and maneuverability to keep my family safe rather than try to slug it out with unknown forces at ranges of 1/4 mile plus.
So within my envelope of strategy and proficiency a PCC is indeed practical and COOL!

Page generated in 0.03718 seconds with 8 queries