View Single Post
Old March 7, 2006, 02:46 PM   #9
threegun

Glenn, You once told me that the 25acp was adequate for the everyday concealed weapon carrier for most situations. The senarios you describe are excellent training and every LE officer should attend it. Not needed for the average concealed carrier however.

FOF training is not real either. Unless that man charging you with a stick is going to crack you skull open full force if you miss, the training won't rise to the level of a life and death struggle. Plus many FOF schools require that basic and intermediate courses be taken first.

Quote:
The level of pressure in those far exceeds any match.
I have had FOF training in martial arts and it was great. It didn't make my knees knock as bad as the actual tournament that we were preparing for though. I have to respectfully disagree in the order you have FOF and competition. Duane Thomas has my back on this one and he has attended both.

Quote:
I suggest a regimen of both, if one can afford it.
We agree here 100 percent. Just don't discount that guy who couldn't afford it but has learned the curriculum taught by most of those schools. FOF is a great bonus but one weekend of it won't help much a couple of years later.

Page generated in 0.03485 seconds with 8 queries