View Single Post
Old January 2, 2014, 10:26 PM   #24
Tipsy Mcstagger

I love the cartridge. I have had 2 Eaa witness in 38 super and both were very accurate and high capacity. In my experience, they had quite a bit of muzzle flash (in the evening compared with other auto pistols) but weren't nearly as loud as a .357. I now have a kimber commander 4.25" no barrel bushing/fully supported feed ramp and my 125 gr reloads shoot 1330-50 fps with 7.5 gr power pistol, no flattened primers or case bulging. It is my carry gun, though not with reloads. 124 grain XTPs from underwood ammo clocked in at 1320-1330 fps. I have killed some hogs up close and a coyote with the cartridge. I had one of the witnesses rebarreled/fitted to 9mm and though the 38 super had more muzzle flip, it was not the slightest bit jarring or uncomfortable, and the noise on the steel targets is much louder than with 9mm 115gr ball ammo.
357 is my favorite cartridge but due to decibels, I carry a 38 super when hunting in south Texas and as my ccw and trust it with my life. As far as ammo goes, ad in my experience, there aren't many choices but in power from lowest to highest it has been pmc/Fiocchi/magtech/aguila/underwood ammo. Sorry for the essay, it started out as 2 sentences....

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries