View Single Post
Old September 4, 2013, 05:56 AM   #48
chanroc

Re: Best Home Defense Shotty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundhunter View Post
I honestly have never seen a 930 go through a full 3 gun match consisting of more than 40 rounds without a malfunction (and I have seen quite a few try). I then watch Benelli M2s, FN SLPs, and Remington VersaMaxs handle all of it without a problem.

Add to that the many QC problems that have been immediately evident upon unboxing Mossberg shotguns and I have little faith in the manufacturer.
I picked up a Mossberg 930 with the short barrel, last year (got it new for $475). I've used it to shoot skeet multiple times, shooting 25 to 50 rounds of light 7.5 and 8 shot loads, and everyone fed and fired, without any issues. I also occasionally shoot buckshot out of it, from 2.75" reduced recoil 00 buckshot, to full bore 3" 00 buck loads, and all shot reliably.

And outside the military/police, who has shot up to 40 rounds in a single defense situation? With that said, I was going into combat with a shotgun, it would be a pump.

Oh and as to the QC problems, I would be more inclined to picked up new Mossberg over a new Remington. (I do have an old 870 that I love, and yes...if I had the money, I would consider looking at the VersaMax)

And just because I've seen Glocks jam or 1911s jam, means those are unreliable platforms.

OP - Get what fits you. If money is that tight, get a pump. Good luck with your quest.

Page generated in 0.06350 seconds with 8 queries