View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 05:22 PM   #9
BigJimP

You're not the first person to ask..... / but that boy, has given me 2 grandsons...so I have to keep him ....

Handguns - Nov 2009 003.jpg

The Baer Monolith is at upper left - at top .../ but my all stainless Wilson Protector 5" in 9mm is - 2nd from bottom on the right its a 9mm as well ...that's the 9mm that the kids will have to wait until I'm dead before any of them will get it / its my primary practice and range gun ...( I put at least 8 boxes a week thru it )...only 7 yrs old now / and a little over 40,000 rds thru it now...

My primary carry gun - is the blued wilson CQB at the bottom ...with the Armor Tuff finish on it..../ its about 9 yrs old ...and that one has about 20,000 rds thru it probably....very good gun !

My Ed Brown isn't in the photo ...because I've already given it to my older son...( but it is an all stainless, 5", bob tailed, .45 acp )....

the other 2 guns in the photo ----is a Kimber Gold Combat Stainless II ( 5" ) custom shop gun, in .45 acp ....and the top one on right, is a Kimber Tactical Pro II model, 4", alloy frame in 9mm ..../ but I'm not a big Kimber fan anymore....although both of those guns run well and have been solid as well ...its just compared to my Wilson's - those other 1911's just don't get shot much ...so its better to let the boys have them ( I'm only 62 ) but too mean to die anytime soon !....

Couple of better photo's of the Les Baer Monolith...( my photo skills are crummy ) .....

Les Baer monolith 9mm.jpg

Les Baer Monolith 9mm 1911.jpg

If you have a chance to shoot a Baer Monolit ...take somebody up on it ....but in these photos you can almost see the steel thru the blued areas on the side of the slide...and see how thin it is / how it slopped over into the engraving on his logo ...stuff like that, that still aggravates me whenever I bring the gun out of the safe...

my 30 yr old son...that will get the Baer one of these days...is the one that put the "stupid " scatch on the slide - by not being careful when he was putting the slide stop back in the gun after he cleaned it ...I could have it refinished ( but I'll let him do it ) ....but I'd send it to Wilson Combat - and let them go thru the gun, clean it up, and put a Black Armor Tuff finish on it like my CQB ....and I may do that, if I'm feeling generous...but then, he's the one that scratched it, so its been a useful lesson to him every time he shoots it ...he's reminded....

Last edited by BigJimP; January 4, 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.05656 seconds with 9 queries