View Single Post
Old May 10, 2010, 03:25 PM   #5
BigJimP

I would recommend Wilson's parts for any 1911 - but they will all need to be custom fit - into a Wilson gun or any other 1911. They intentionally make the parts - so their gunsmiths have to custom fit them.

There is some discussion on whether standard 1911 parts will fit a Taurus. I understand some of the new Taurus frames are more uniform with traditional 1911's frames / but some of the older ones - you may have some bigger issues / and getting things to fit might be really frustrating. I have not worked on a Taurus - so I don't have any personal experience with their frames.

But yes, I would completely rebuild it / or as much of it as you can ...if you want to keep the gun .....hammer, sear, trigger, disconnecter, etc all of it.

Many Taurus models are selling for at or below $400 - $500 in my area / and base prices for a Wilson Combat ( like a 5" CQB ) are $ 2,550 - so more or less 5 to 6 times what you pay for a Taurus... But if you can make the parts fit / you will end up with a very good gun after you're done / unless the frame or slide fails....and at that point, its time to cut your losses and move on, in my opinion.

But you really need to ask yourself if you want to keep this gun / before you get $ 300 in parts and 100+ manhours into it rebuilding it .....

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 8 queries