View Single Post
Old March 27, 2009, 10:14 PM   #15
Sgt Pepper

A friend of mine has a G21c, which I have put 800-1000 rounds through over the course of a number of range sessions. I almost bought one myself, but on impulse, I bought an XD45 (4" service). The two main factors in that purchase was the XD was cheaper and came with more stuff, i.e. the holster, speed loader, and double mag holder.

After putting a few hundred rounds through my XD, I had the following observations:

1. Accuracy was practically equal between the two.
2. Precision was equal between the two.
3. The Glock trigger still pinches my finger over time, while the XD trigger is far more comfortable for me. I had the same problem with my old G17 years ago. Maybe it's because one is all plastic and the other features metal.
4. The Glock was a softer shooter for sure (but it was the ported model).
5. The XD definitely has the more natural grip and pointability.
6. Reliability was the same. My XD has never failed in any way.
7. I preferred the narrowness of the top portion of the slide over the blocky glock.
8. Aesthetically, the glock is a lot simpler and cleaner looking compared to the XD.
9. Takedown and maintenance is a wash.

After having put hundreds and hundreds more rounds through my XD since then and having shot more Glocks, I can say that I could go with either weapon in a moment. The XD feels better in the hand, and while the Glock feels large in my hand, it feels just fine during live fire. I REALLY love my XD since installing the Powder River Precision trigger kit. Nearly zero takeup, crisp, light break, and minimal overtravel.

Funny thing is way back when I bought my XD, the friend who owned the Glock said he preferred my XD after shooting it.

Page generated in 0.02705 seconds with 8 queries