View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 01:25 AM   #21
solocam72

I use a product called bore tech eliminator, I won't shoot a brand new rifle without thoroughly cleaning the barrel, I start with a patch on a jag (for the caliber obviously) I also use and swear by a good bore guide and a good quality solid 1 piece cleaning rod, I start the patch in the bore guide (mine have solvent ports in them) then soak the patch with the bore tech and push through, you will be amazed at how much crud is on the patch, not always but most of the time (manufacturers coat the inside of barrels with a rust preventative like cosmoline) I take the patch off at the muzzle and pull the rod back out and wipe it off with a clean rag then repeat, I do this 3 to 5 times and then let it sit for for awhile (10-15 minutes) then I use a nylon brush and push, pull it back n forth through the barrel 10 times, then run another soaked patch back through, repeat as above 2 to 3 times, I continue this process til the patches come out clean. Then I run a couple of dry patches through, and last I pull a boresnake through 2 or 3 times. I am now ready to shoot the new rifle for the first time, I like to try and clean using the above method after every 10 shots. This is my method and it has worked very well for me over the years.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries