View Single Post
Old June 12, 2005, 11:19 AM   #31
Rojoe67

Just my look at it....

Situation dictates...... Sorry to use this old saying but it's never more true than it is today....

History has taught a lot of lessons in tactics and equipment needs. History also shows this present day society to be very people friendly. Law enforcement has very high standards and I feel the training of these men and women gets better with time. That much said, short falls and problems will take place. It's the law of nature and I think the world is darn good. Murphy's Law will always play a trump card when it is expected least.
My own feeling for arming and dealing with day to day is just simple. I like to go quickly and cause little wake. If I end up in something there is a chance I missed a warning sign. I carry 9-10 9mm JHP's and feel I have my self covered adequate. Now, if my job was still in daily law enforcement I would want to carry as much ammo and backup as I could and still do my job. A law officer is sorta like a hunter in my eyes. He or she is going out to hunt for trouble and often have to subject self right into a lion's mouth. The normal average citizen shouldn't be taking this role. Most aren't trained for it and most aren't wealthy enough to go take it on as a hobby. If the LEO is having to step in I am sure they have reserve forces on way or at a ready. Can the daily citizen have that luxary? I feel an individual has to make the choice with reason of location, history of area, known hostile climate or environment. Sure I could run into hostile large numbers that want to all kill me. If so fate has thrown the trump card and I can fight hard with purpose and hope after a few attackers fall the rest of the cowards will turn tail.... The criminal I have studied tends to be just that, a coward. They picked the line of work for a number of reasons. Mostly because they are not highly educated, family members showed the way, lazy, sold their sole and have no regard for civil law and order.

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries