View Single Post
Old September 15, 2012, 07:16 PM   #27
saands

I was at the range a few months ago shooting next to a guy that had just bought a used Weatherby in 300 Win Mag. The gunshop also sold the guy a box of 300 Mag cartridges with the rifle ... 300 WIN MAG. When he told me that he had just bought a 300 Win Mag, I asked if he was ever going to reload for it and he said no ... so I asked if he would mind giving me his cases ... nice once fired for my 300 Win Mag. Well ... he touches a couple off and I take a peek over at his table and see these cases with super short necks and nice radiused shoulders and I say "Hold on partner ... that ain't a 300 Win Mag, that is a 300 Weatherby Mag!!" ... The barrel was only stamped "300 Mag" ... based on that, I am surprised to hear that they actually chamber rifles in 300 WinMag ... as it seemed like they were trying not to be redundant by stating that it was a Weatherby Mag caliber. That being said, I now feel more than justified in asking the OP to verify that the weatherby mag cartridges chamber and that the ones in the win mag box do not have shorter cases without a radius where the body meets the shoulder ... these two calibers are NOT interchangeable!!!!

Be safe out there!

Saands

Page generated in 0.03073 seconds with 8 queries