Thread: Lead bans
View Single Post
Old November 18, 2009, 03:59 AM   #26
HiBC

ADB

You use wikipedia as a source??Try Mother Earth News and Al Gore,too.

And,when folks tell you it isn't so,you attack them as xenophobic and paranoid? Since you set the precedent of attacking who someone is...rather than the merit of their arguement;

There are also folks who have tofu for brains.Tofu is a bland meatless protein that supplies bulk to the pot,brings no flavor of its own,but picks up the flavor of it's surroundings.

As has been mentioned,lead artifacts,from ancient ships to old battlegrounds stays in good shape.

If you really,truly believe lead substitutes are just as good for bullets(or sinkers) I suggest you are ignorant on these matters.

You may feel comfortable shooting steel shot through your shotgun.Go ahead.

I happen to like doubles.If you would shoot steel through an old Fox.LC Smith,Ithaca,Parker,etc,well,that would be ........OK,I'll bite my tongue.

If you are sayng we should not shoot fine old shotguns,.......I'll bite my tongue again.

I suppose you are one of those who thinks that your shooting sport is OK,but some other guy who uses XXXXX gun should be banned.

To set up a new rifle range,you have to fle a lead recovery plan with the EPA,I have been told by a gentleman who was setting up a range.

I also know there are people who make money recovering shot from shotgun ranges.

Perhaps if you were a more knowledgable shooter,you would understand that for longer ranges,projectiles made from materials lighter than lead cannot perform as well as lead.There are also rifling twist versus length issues.

Handgunners,blackpowder cartridge shooters,and muzzleloaders need to be able to use cast lead bullets.

Then there are the .22's and other older firearms with very soft steel barrels.

So,please,do not attempt to identify your own firearms ignorance as someone else's xenophobia and paranoia.

How do you feel about he heavy metals in electric and hybrid car batteries?

Al G is a lot like Elrond and Moon.He is a master with TOFU.

White lead in paint on baby cribs is a different story.

Thanks Gobs

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries