View Single Post
Old August 27, 2011, 03:07 PM   #1
TXGunNut

New Moulds-again

Couldn't stand it any longer, had to break in a couple of exciting new moulds. Was a little too hot but I couldn't wait any longer. One is a 330 gr .45 cal HP Gould boolit from Lyman, it's been in my casting box for months. The other is also a .45 cal but that's where the similarity ends. It's a TL 200 gr swc Lee commercial 6 cavity mould. Both moulds worked quite well once I figured out what they liked, seems all my moulds have different likes, these both like to be run pretty hot. I'm up to eight moulds now, think I need to start a notebook to record these little personality traits.
Thanks for the warning about the sprue lever, Studman. Mine's still in one piece thanks in part to your thread.
Wish I'd read the warning label on the lighter I used to smoke my moulds, said something about avoiding temps above 120 degrees. I carelessly left it on the table and as I was filling the mould something exploded and I ducked, expecting a tinsel shower. Soon pieces of debris started landing around me and I realized the lighter was missing, sort of. Heavier pieces landed a few feet away, others traveled over 15 feet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HOT 001.jpg (251.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg HOT 002.jpg (263.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg HOT 003.jpg (175.2 KB, 49 views)
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 9 queries