View Single Post
Old April 21, 2005, 11:20 AM   #7
Sam Adams

Per the US Mint website, a dime is supposed to weigh 2.268 grams. This works out to 35.44 grains. This is if the dime is new (i.e. not worn, which reduces weight) and if made exactly to specs. I'm going to do this at home with a very shiny new dime, and if it weighs 35.4 grains then I'll be happy.

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American." Tench Coxe 2/20/1788

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Love work, hate domination, and do not let your name come to the attention of the ruling powers."
-- The Talmud, "Sayings of the Fathers"

Page generated in 0.02880 seconds with 8 queries