View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 09:33 PM   #9
603Country

I kept hearing about those bushing dies, and some of ya'll know I bought and tested one (along with other type dies). 223 Ammo assembled using the FL bushing die did not shoot as well as ammo assembled using the Lee Collet die. I did get a larger bushing and will see if that improves loads made with the bushing die. And, just for comparison, I used that Redding bushing die with and without the expander ball. I got slightly better accuracy without the expander ball, just like BartB said I would.

Except for that Lee Collet Die, which gave me the best accuracy and which is a neck sizing die, full length sizing with the Redding Standard FL die and with the Bushing Die gave better accuracy than when I used the Redding standard Neck Sizing Die. That was most definitely a surprise to me.

Are my own personal conclusions about the dies and the related accuracy correct? Darned if I know, but I did come away with respect for that Lee Collet Die. I will buy more of them. And I'm not finished testing the Redding FL Bushing Die, but I want to try it with brand new cases and brand new once-fired cases, which are (no surprise here) backordered.

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries