Thread: Did I just die?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Closing The Gap

Get the app. Search ammo and click the link to the nearest store regardless of it saying out of stock. This will bring a list of the closest stores to your location and their inventory status. In stock means they either have it on a truck heading to the store, its at the store waiting to be put on the shelves or its on the shelves. Limited stock means 1-3 boxes left. Out of stock means just that.

As for when they put it out its generally 7am but to beat or join the line of re-sellers you should get their early(4-6am). Some stores put it out the evening they get the truck in. Talk to the employees who work that section and ask if they know when the store puts out the ammo. Also ask what days they get trucks. If you watch the app each day and check it regularly you'll see a pattern develop. For instance near me most stores get ammo on Thursdays, the closest store puts it out Friday morning while the next closest puts it out Thursday between 6:30 and 10:00 pm depending on when they off load it and check it into their inventory. Also some stores have been getting ammo on Tuesdays recently and Ive seen a few Saturday deliveries lately too. Near me it seems to alternate, one delivery is mainly Winchester white box and bulk .22 packs, while the next delivery will have mainly Federal Champion in it. Tulammo has been coming lots lately too, which has made my AK very happy.

I've been lucky enough to make a friend of one older gentleman who works in that section of my closest store. He was taking a group of foster kids to the dnr range nearby but didnt have enough 22 because Walmart policy states employees cannot buy ammo until its been on the shelf for 24 hours. So I offered him some of mine at cost since I always have lots on hand for myself, my wife, and our two sons to shoot. He took me up on the offer and asked what I was looking for that day. I was looking for 9mm Federal since their system said it was in stock but when I arrived it wasn't. He said "you're in luck" reached under the counter and handed me two boxes. I was stunned. He said he always pulls the 9mm and sells it to whomever through the day because he was tired of the same guys getting it every morning. This is why I must EMPHASIZE talk to and make friends with the employees. They have the information. Some will even show you the inventory sheet with a list of all the ammo on the current truck. It has kept me my wife and boys shooting all along.

Edit: If you look at the ammo for sale each day on Armslist you can usually see what ammo was in stock at local stores. I see the same stuff that I buy at Walmart the very same days go up for sale on there. Also I see the Remington bulk packs that Dunhams Sports gets in on Thursdays as well. Its no conspiracy its truly people buying and reselling regularly. Here in metro Detroit their are lots of people out of work, its those people who have the time and found the opportunity. I dont blame them, Id blame myself if I wasnt able to out work or out smart them.

Last edited by Closing The Gap; May 27, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

Page generated in 0.03137 seconds with 8 queries