View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 12:40 PM   #130
SamNavy

Quinn has put in his 2 cents... I guess he couldn't just say nothing and risk whatever appearance that would generate.

The 10rd limit is a standard "magic number for safety" that anti's pull out their butt. Maybe he's just looking to get one or two of his amendments approve to save face... so now the legislature will "ACCEPT" the elimination of restaurant carry but override the round-limit and it will go through? And he removes the pre-emption for home-rule on semi-auto's... no surprise there.

Quote:
Quinn pointed out the bill would allow people to carry more than one gun with unlimited numbers of ammunition rounds, which he called a "public safety hazard." He rewrote it to limit gun owners to carrying one loaded, concealed gun with an ammunition clip holding no more than 10 rounds.
Quote:
The language Quinn added would prevent gun owners from taking their weapons into any establishment that serves alcohol, including restaurants whose liquor sales amount to less than half of their gross sales. That's a provision gun owners would not bend on in legislative negotiations.
Quote:
The governor also removed a provision that requires communities wanting to ban semi-automatic assault-style weapons to do so within 10 days after the legislation takes effect, saying communities should maintain local control over guns not covered by the concealed carry law.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-a...3aa6a0d2e.html

Correct me if I'm wrong... but now it goes back to the legislature and they can either override his veto, or accept his ammendments? What happens next?

Last edited by SamNavy; July 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.03269 seconds with 8 queries