View Single Post
Old July 29, 2007, 11:00 PM   #1
HighValleyRanch

New 10/22 stock mod project

Thought this follow along might be of interest to someone....
Started my 10/22 stock modification yesterday. I use an existing ruger stock for the project, and then bond and add wood where I need to do the modifications. The anschutz style grip has a lag bolt imbedded through it into the original stock, so it's super strong. The cheek rest wil adjust up and down on two posts with a locking allen in between. Using a nylon spacer for desired height. I installed an accessory rail under the new fore end that is now wide and trapazoid shape for bench as well.

The second photo shows a similar mod that I used to make for college and military teams shooting the winchester 52 wanting anschutz type stocks.

Will be posting a few pages on my website to show how this can be done to any traditional rifle stock. Stock will be filled, painted and stippled in grip and fore end

This glue up and work was started yesterday and done on some spare time in the shop.

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries