View Single Post
Old July 3, 2007, 08:16 PM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Wild-
Not necessary. Numrich has 'em for $3 (thanks, murdog).

Three Bucks for a front sight? The question is why?
The answer: Because this is EXACTLY what it's worth. This is one of the softest, cheesiest, beggin'-to-be-bent-at-a-right-angle pieces of pot metal I have ever run across. Mal just sent me a replacement from an older Ruger. Sure enough, one tap with the flat of a 4" pocket knife blade not only dinged it visibly, but you can FEEL the damn burr.

Step back, Wild.... I'm jes warmin' up. [Rant Mode On]

And I can't find a single post on the entire fracking internet that has ever discussed this problem???!!! Ruger has sold what? 10,000? 200,000? Mark I-III's and NOBODY has noticed the fact that you can't get a clear front sight picture after you've committed the Mortal Sin of actually laying the piece in something other than than a mink lined air bag?

Does nobody carry guns in the FIELD anymore? You know, places where dangerous things like ammunition, jeans, watches, branches and rocks actually come into CONTACT with your gear?

Ok, I'm done. Well, I'm not done, but my pulse is 160 and I think I should stop. [Rant Mode Off]

So, short question. Anyone know of a SERVICEABLE replacement front sight for a Ruger Mark II? (The first man, woman or child who types Millet or Fiber Optic dies....I swear.)

Thanks much-
Rich

Page generated in 0.02641 seconds with 8 queries