View Single Post
Old April 1, 2000, 03:38 PM   #11
Solitar

I agree with John on the Winchester 1300. I've an 18-inch model 1200 pistol grip with folding Butler creek stock and a side saddle for six more rounds (the folding stock and loaded sidesaddle help a LOT with the felt recoil). The short length makes it great for getting through small doors (like bathrooms have nowadays) while keeping the weapon pointed toward the threat. You can also sleep with it since it is short enough to pull out from under the covers or a king size pillow (try that with a full length 870). My apartment is often cluttered with boxes and other stuff, so a longer weapon could be a hindrance. Can you tell that I really like the short pistol grip? The fold out stock is great for shoulder-aimed shots and outdoor use such as hunting (though the cylinder bore prevents longer range shots).

Load it with #4 buck and have 3" OOO buck magnums and some slugs for longer range backup in the sidesaddle. I must admit that 3" magnums shot from just the pistol grip does make for a slightly stoved-up wrist - but that's a lot better than letting a perp get back up and continue his assault.

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries