View Single Post
Old February 5, 2012, 10:17 AM   #21
Wag

Your best self defense tactic will include the best attorney you can get.

In the past, I've thought that store bought ammo would be better to have and best of all, use whatever the local PD or FBI are using. "If it's good enough for them. . . ."

I once read about an Ayoob case where handloaded ammo was an issue, mostly because the residue indicated a range other than what the shooter claimed but they couldn't verify it because the guy didn't keep good records. While that part of the case might not have been necessary with factory ammo, would it make a difference in whether or not the shooter was convicted? Will it make a difference for you and I in future cases?

Here's a link but the source could be questionable. http://www.gunatics.com/forums/gener...mas-ayoob.html

Further reading is in order.

Either way you go, you will have an opposing attorney using every trick he can think of to paint you as a bad guy and your attorney working to counter those tricks with tricks of his own.

The only detriment to handloaded ammo, I think, will be whether or not you can prove the forensics required for your defense.

--Wag--

Page generated in 0.03949 seconds with 8 queries