View Single Post
Old April 17, 2010, 11:09 PM   #10
Gary L. Griffiths

I have CT lasers on my Kel-Tec PF-9 and Ruger LCP. I have them both zeroed parallel with the bore, and both will allow me to keep all shots on a 12" target at 25 yds.

I find it much easier (with my 60+ yr old eyes) to get quick hits with the laser than without it, although I spend at least a third of my practice rounds with the iron sights. Of course, the sights on the LCP are pretty crude. I really like the ability to look over the top of the weapon in a point-shooting stance and see precisely where the bullet will strike.

The deterrence effect of the laser is all well and good, but I am confident that I can shoot more quickly and accurately using the laser than I can using sights. Since they add little to the weight or bulk of the weapon, I can see no reason for not having them on a weapon you plan to carry for defensive use. Like the pistol in the first place, it's always better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them!
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 8 queries