Thread: Silence
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2013, 10:55 PM   #33
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelmore
When I said the "first call" I really meant the first call while in detention or custody, but some people may have thought I meant something different....
Phooey. What you wrote exactly in post 23 was:
Quote:
...Anytime you get a hint you might be in trouble the first call should be to that attorney....
The first call is the first call, and if having shot someone, even if you believe it was in self defense, is not a hint you might be in trouble, you're not paying attention. So whatever you might have meant, you said that your very first call after a self defense incident should be to your lawyer. If you meant something else, you didn't say what you now claim you meant.

We can't read your mind. You need to say exactly what you mean.

Quote:
...This is a good example of how words can be interpreted and understood differently depending upon the person and the situation...
No, this is a good example of how if you don't express your thoughts clearly and with precision, people will understand what you actual said and not what you thought you said.

Quote:
...So my advice to less sophisticated individuals who I know are not effective speakers is to stay silent,...
Thank you for your advice.

In the meantime, three experience lawyers have offered their suggestions. People may now choose who to listen to.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Frank Ettin; May 17, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: correct typo

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries