View Single Post
Old April 3, 2009, 01:58 PM   #38
BoulderTroll

Quote:
Of course, each and every cop is an exact cookie cutter copy of every other cop and all conform to the same negative stereotypes that are based on each of our own limited impressions of them.

And we question why the leftists think so poorly of gun owners.
Yeah, this is the reason I was reluctant to even reply to this thread. The thread title itself is ignorant, stereotypical, and designed to insipire hostility. It would be no different that going to a medicine forum and posting a thread titled, "Do all doctors get drunk before surgery?"

Anyways, I'll give my own 2 cents for the benefit of the other posters. Cops are just like everyone else. There is nothing magic that happens when they put on the badge that makes them morph into a Delta Force Ninja or a donut guzzling slob. Poll 10 joe citizen gun shooters at the range and I'm sure 1 will clean his bore after every ten rounds, 3 will clean it when they get home, 4 will clean it before their next trip to the range, and 2 will clean the gun annually.

Quote:
As a Sergeant, I conduct monthly inspections of my officer's pistols. Among the eight officers, only two are regular shooters due to SWAT duties. I have to stay on top of those two to keep their guns cleaned after shooting.
I'll echo this. As a part-time SWAT guy this has been my experience as well. My department issues SWAT officers a second duty pistol to keep with their SWAT gear (which is often stored separate from the patrol gear). My way of thinking is they gave us the second gun so we would only have to clean them 1/2 as often.

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 8 queries