View Single Post
Old June 14, 2002, 02:47 AM   #20
DadOfThree

KSFreeman,
Quote:
The stupidity is with the shooter and the shooter alone.
I don't know that I would agree with that. There is plenty of stupidity to go around in this story. I do not give a pass to the shooter. He did the last stupid thing. I don't see how you can fire at someone and not even realize that it is a loved one. On the other hand the fiance went out of her way to set him up. In Kaylee's analogy would you hold the the person who is standing in the freeway at rush hour completely blameless? After all, the driver had complete control of the accelerator and the steering wheel. I really think there is plenty of blame to go around. The smart thing to do, as someone mentioned earlier, would be to make a verbal challenge from a covered position. I suppose it would be easier to run out of the house and call 911 and wait for a policeman to do the same thing but then how would I be any different from the blissninnies who want to take my gun away from me? I don't go looking for trouble, but I will defend what is mine. I don't believe I have the right to summarily shoot someone because I caught them in my house but I do believe I have a right to stand up to them.

This is just a sad, sad story with no reason for it to have happened.
James Madison: The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
Mark Douglass

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries