View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 01:33 PM   #4
BigJimP

Your gun is an older version of the current BPS Hunter model ...

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...id=012&tid=211

The current model lists for $ 660 and it comes with 3 screw in Invector Plus chokes ...making it a lot more versatile / and its selling new in my area for around $ 600.

But your gun has a fixed choke barrel in it ....and it will cost you more to replace the barrel ( around $300 ) or if you have screw in chokes cut into the barrel ( $ 200 at least ) than you'll get out of it.
-----------------
In its current condition ...Full choke...I think you'll be lucky to get $250 for it.

I would suggest you shop around for another used BPS ...maybe one where the stock is all beat up ...and consider buying it just for the barrel ( make sure it fits your gun first ) but I'll be surprised if it doesn't. Maybe even do a search for a used barrel with either the older Invecotor chokes in it ...or the newer barrels with the invector plus in it....and then either keep it / or sell the gun with both barrels. It'll depend on how good a deal you can find on a used barrel...

But with new guns selling for $ 600....it'll be hard to get more than $ 450 for any used BPS even if it has Invector or Invector Plus chokes in it ...but it'll be easy and quick to sell if it has the screw in chokes in it.

Page generated in 0.02687 seconds with 8 queries