View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4
springer99

There shouldn't be any problem in using W231/HP-38 in your 9mm loads, but with cast bullets I've found the MOST important thing is to make certain that they are sized properly. I've ended up using .357dia. cast, 125Gr. LSWC in a couple of differnt 9mm's and 38Super with good success. I did have uneven results when using .355/.356dia. sized lead and some bore leading. That went away and the accuracy improved with larger bullets.

As far as plated and jacketed bullets go, I have never found plated bullets to be worth using as far as accuracy goes. They tend to be less expensive than jacketed and a bit more expensive than good, cast bullets, but accuracy(for me) has been lacking. Yea, they make a hole in the target, as long as you're not too particular as to where that hole appears.

If you've chosen 124XTP's to try, you've picked a great bullet. I've found them, and their similar HAP bullets to be the most accurate bullets in my 9mm's. A good, hardcast, properly sized SWC comes a close second, with plated being a distant third.

Page generated in 0.03067 seconds with 8 queries